Continuing from the first part of the recipe. After you have successfully cooked and pulled your pork, mix it with barbecue sauce, pair with burger buns and slaw, there you have it, Classic Pulled Pork Sandwich! However its a tad too boring for me to go the classic way. Thus, added my own twist to the recipes that I'm going to share. First up:
Smoky Pulled Pork Wholemeal Wrap w/ Pineapple Salsa & Hot Pepper Mayo Sauce
Ingredients - 2 Servings - 10 mins
- 160g of smoky pulled pork
- 2 tortilla wholemeal wraps (or any other kinds of wrap)
- 80-100g of pineapple salsa (recipe below)
- 4 tbs of hot pepper mayo sauce
- 2 1/2 tbs mayo
- 1 1/2 tbs tobasco
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
Portion your ingredients into 2 and wrap with the tortilla wraps. Oven toast for 5 minutes and SERVE!
Ingredients - 4 - 6 Servings - 10 mins
- 2 cups pineapple diced
- 1 cup red pepper diced
- 1 whole lime
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs of salt (to taste)
- 5 to 8 leaves of mint, chopped
- 6 to 8 stalks (about 1/2 cup) of cilantro, chopped
Combine all ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Classic Pulled Pork Sandwich w/ Homemade BBQ Sauce, Pineapple Salsa and Micro greens
Ingredients - 2 Servings - 10 Minutes
- 200g of smoky pulled pork
- 2 burger buns (cut into half, you can use other kind of bread rolls/buns)
- 100g of pineapple salsa (can be substituted with slaw/mesclun)
- 30-50g of micro-greens (micro sprouts - Alfalfa etc - optional)
- 4 tbs homemade barbeque sauce
Homemade BBQ Sauce (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- 3 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup of onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Make the BBQ sauce first by sauteed your onions and garlic till soften. Add in smoked paprika and sauteed for a minute. Next add in cider vinegar, followed by ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Lastly salt and pepper to taste.
Oven toast your buns with butter for about 3-5 minutes. Mix your BBQ sauce with the pulled pork. Portion the pulled pork into 2 separate buns. Topped with pineapple salsa and micro-greens. Finish off with the top buns. And its DONE!
Feel free to substitute with other kind of salsas, sauces or salads. Both are pretty flexible recipes. You can use your pulled pork in so many other different ways as well. e.g. tacos, pizzas, chips etc. Be creative and innovative. Create something new out of this pulled pork recipe. Hope you enjoy it!
Side note: I've created a facebook page for my food blog. Show your support and like my facebook page for updates of new recipes. Thanks guys!